TMJ Syndrome: Pressure points to relieve tension YOURSELF
5 Ways to Manage Arthritis
1. Keep moving. Avoid holding one position for too long. When working at a desk, for example, get up and stretch every 15 minutes. Do the same while sitting at home reading or watching television.
2. Discover your strength. Put your strongest joints and muscles to work. To protect finger and wrist joints, push open heavy doors with the side of your arm or shoulder. To reduce hip or knee stress on stairs, let the strong leg lead going up and the weaker leg lead going down.
3. Plan ahead. Simplify and organize your routines so you minimize movements that are difficult or painful. Keep items you need near where they are needed .
4. Take advantage of labor-saving devices and adaptive aids. Simple gadgets and devices like long-handled grippers can make it easier to perform daily activities.
5. Ask for help. People with arthritis often worry about the possibility of growing dependent on others.